Thompson Engineering, Inc. is a family owned Civil Engineering and Land Surveying Company started by Lyle Thompson in 1973. Lyle is a native of Southeast Idaho, born and raised in Madison County. Lyle has worked for many public and private companies in the Northwest, including the State of Idaho and State of Utah Department of Highways.
Services We Offer:
Professional Land Surveying:
- Land Boundary Surveys – This is the most common type of Professional Land Surveying work that Thompson Engineering performs. This survey establishes or re-establishes property lines that the owner is paying taxes on, which most commonly is a Warranty or Quit-Claim Deed that has been recorded in the local County Courthouse. Property boundary monuments, which are ½” X 24” Iron Rods with plastic caps are set and intermediate stakes can also be placed on the property line. A 18” X 24” map or Record of Survey is filed in the local county courthouse showing the property lines in relationship to fences, canals, etc. which is called the occupation line.
- Flood Elevation Certification – This type of survey is performed to fill out a FEMA Elevation Certificate, usually required as a prerequisite in obtaining a building permit by most counties if building a structure in a Flood Zone.
- LOMA Certificate – Also known as a Letter of Map Amendment – This type of survey gathers information to remove a home or structure out of the flood zone, therefore removing the requirement of a bank to require flood insurance and saving the homeowner thousands of dollars a year. This type of Survey can be time consuming as FEMA has sixty days to issue a LOMA Certificate.
- Property Dispute Resolution – This is a survey on parcel of land where two or more neighbors are disputing the location of their common deed or taxation line. The Survey hopefully comes to a compromising solution where boundary lines may be adjusted and new Land Descriptions recorded to make the deed line fall on the occupation line.
- Subdivision Design and Layout – This takes a parcel of undeveloped land and with good planning and our experience, transforms it into Lots, Streets, Parks, and Walkways that make creative use of the land and creates an environment that people want to live in.
- ALTA/ACSM Land Title Survey – is a land survey is made for the Title Company and/or Lender with the survey and location data needed for the issuing of title or mortgage insurance. For this purpose, a map is drawn to “ALTA” specifications. "ALTA" stands for American Land Title Association. ALTA specifies the data to be shown on the survey and this includes boundary lines, location of the main building including improvements, location of ancillary buildings, the identification of easements (access rights by service companies such as water, gas, telephone, railways and other utilities). ALTA surveys are very complex surveys and can cost tens of thousands of dollars and take weeks to complete. For that reason, most ALTA surveys are performed on commercial properties. An ALTA Land Survey guarantees to meet the requirements for an ALTA/ACSM Land Title Survey as detailed by the American Land Title Association, National Society of Professional Surveyors and the American Congress on Surveying and Mapping.
- Topographical Surveys – This is a survey that maps the contour of the land along with the accurate location of physical objects including streams, trees, roads, utility lines, buildings, fences, etc. An architect usually requires this type of survey before creating house plans on properties with steep slopes.
Brief Summary of Thompson Engineering’s Experience:
- Multiple City of Rigby Local Improvement District Projects, including Asphalt, Curb and Gutter, Sidewalk, Water and Sewer, and Storm Water.
- City of Rigby Sewer System Lift Station upgrades, including pumps, pump house, lift station, and piping.
- City of Ririe Main Street repair project, replacement of Asphalt, Curb and Gutter, Sidewalk, Storm Water, and Water and Sewer Service line replacement.
- City of Ririe Water System upgrades, including Booster Pumps, Service Lines, Mainlines, and a 288,000 Gallon Water Tank.
- Rigby High School Water and Sewer extension, including Water and Sewer layout along U.S. Highway 48, Sewer Lift Stations, and Water booster pumps.
- Commercial and Church Site plan layouts, including Utilities, Grading Plans.
- Commercial and Church Site Stakeout, including Utilities, Parking Lot, Sidewalk, and building site location.
- Over 30 New Bridge Construction and Re-conditioning projects throughout Eastern Idaho.
- Over 200 Hundred Residential and Commercial Subdivisions consisting of thousands of Lots throughout Eastern Idaho